Quick Answers — Business, Census, Finance, Taxes
Links to other web sites have been selected by our Reference Staff. The First Regional Library cannot vouch for the accuracy, currency, or appropriateness of any non-FRL web site.
- IRS-Federal Taxes
- Mississippi Income Taxes
- Federation of Tax Administrators - Access to all states' and federal tax services
FREE TAX HELP FROM AARP AND VITA VOLUNTEERS
Hernando Public Library
(no tax help in March & April)
M.R Davis Public Library (Southaven)
B.J. Chain Public Library (Olive Branch)
February 1– April 12
Robert C. Irwin Public Library (Tunica)
Mondays and Saturdays
January 26–April 15
Lafayette County & Oxford
Tuesdays and Thursdays
February 5–April 4
|First come; first served. The tax helpers do not take phone calls.
Business & Finance
- Better Business Bureau - Contact information for your local bureau, access to business and consumer alerts, and a way to file complaints online
- BigCharts Historical Stock Quotes - Gives closing prices for stocks and mutual funds for any day from 1970.
- BizLink - This site developed by the Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County provides access to all types of business information.
- EDGAR - Security & Exchange Commission (SEC) filings and forms.
- Free Credit Reports - Available to all Mississippians
- Mississippi Development Authority - Support for current Mississippi businesses and for the development of new businesses.
- CNN Money - Information on stocks and mutual funds and basic information on money management.
- NAICS Association - North American Industry Classification System: Locate the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Code and the new NAICS Code for companies
- Thomas Register of Manufacturers - Guide to products and manufacturers
- Universal Currency Converter
- World Wide Chamber of Commerce - Lists the address of Chambers of Commerce throughout the U. S.; as well as foreign embassies and consulates in this country, and U. S. embassies and consulates abroad
- NEW Mint The FREE way to manage your money
Statistical Abstract of the United States – Includes all types of statistical information gathered by the U. S. government.
NEW! National Center for Education Statistics - This link provides access to QuickStats which allows a user to create a table of educational statistics.
Back to Quick Answers